Positioned as aids to safe marine navigation, the St.Vincent and the Grenadines Port Authority has a well maintained level of navigational aids as approach to from its administered ports of entry.
Beacons and buoys are optimally placed to allow for safe entry to and departure from the ports of entry of St.Vincent and the Grenadines.
Poised above the Kingstown , Lowmans and Campden Park Bays, on the historic site of Fort Charlotte, is the Signal Station, maintained by the Port Authority.
Fort Charlotte, built in 1803, served the British Military to defend the bays from approaching ships of the French Military, and with wheeled cannons defended from the indigenous Carib inhabitants attacking from inland.
The choice location of the fort, overlooking the major ports of mainland St.Vincent and with clear views of the seaways to the northern Grenadines serves today as a manned lighthouse for passing fishing, cargo and passenger vessels.